Dozens of people are safe after a chair-lift malfunctioned at Montana Snowbowl.
Witnesses tell ABC FOX Montana when two people got off the Lavelle chairlift around 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, it started to shake.
The chair got caught after it swung around the bull wheel and tore from the cable, later dropping to the ground.
Witnesses said immediately after the chair fell, ski patrol started evacuating several dozen skiers and snowboarders using ropes and harnesses.
No one was injured in the incident.
The people sitting directly behind the chairlift that malfunctioned said they saw the cable was frayed so they jumped around 10 feet off the chairlift and to the ground
"We heard the loud rattle and we looked up and we saw the chair flip up and get dragged through the bull wheel," the witness said. "So I immediately looked across my buddy and was like jump jump lets jump we had to get out of the situation."
The three witnesses are season ticket holders to Montana Snowbowl and said they want to remain anonymous.
ABC FOX Montana reached out to Montana Snowbowl and the Missoula County Sheriff's Office to confirm more about what happened, but have not heard back as of 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday.