Bacon smoker causes grease fire at House of Meats

GREAT FALLS- A bacon smoker at the House of Meats caught fire on Saturday morning.

Witnesses say the area was filled with black and grey smoke.

Black Eagle Fire Department officials say once they arrived at the scene, they were able to contain the fire in a timely manner.

Black Eagle Fire says a grease fire started in the smoker. Thankfully, no one was injured. As for the cost of damage, it hasn't been determined yet.

Gore Hill and Sand Coulee Fire Departments also responded.

Google lists House of Meats in Black Eagle as a game processing center.

Recommended for you