Woman mistakes dynamite for candle during power outage - ABC FOX Montana Local News, Weather, Sports KTMF | KWYB

Woman mistakes dynamite for candle during power outage

Posted: Updated:
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. -

Authorities say a Connecticut woman mistook a stick of dynamite for a candle during a power outage and suffered severe hand injuries.
  
Assistant Bridgeport Fire Chief Michael Caldaroni says the woman was looking to light a candle in her home at about 9:30 p.m. Thursday after the power went out during a storm.
  
The dynamite went off in the woman's hand.
  
One of her children called 911 and she was taken to the hospital.  No one else was injured.
  
Caldaroni says one of the home's windows was blown out.
  
Firefighters found another explosive device in the home and as a precaution, evacuated people in the homes on either side of the woman's residence and called the state police bomb squad to remove it.
  
The woman's name wasn't released.

(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Powered by Frankly

Features

  • More Features
  • Powered by WorldNow
    All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Cowles Montana Media. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.