Structure fire in Kalispell - ABC FOX Montana Local News, Weather, Sports KTMF | KWYB

Structure fire in Kalispell

Posted: Updated:

Early Saturday morning, Kalispell Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire inside a residence located at 104 Sante Fe Street.

According to the Kalispell Fire Department, when they arrived crews found heavy fire showing from the garage with involvement of multiple vehicles parked on the garages interior and exterior.

The fire was contained to the attached garage and the already involved vehicles.

No injuries have been reported from this incident.

The garage, contents and associated vehicles are deemed to be a total loss with extensive smoke damage throughout the attached house. The initial fire investigation ruled the fire accidental.

At the time of fire ignition the occupants of the residence had been working on a vehicle involving gasoline, the fuel tank and the fuel pump.

A propane heater was also in use inside the garage and the area was not properly vented causing an ignition of the gasoline vapors and the car associated with the repair work.

  • Most Popular

Powered by Frankly


  • More Features
  • Powered by WorldNow
    All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Cowles Montana Media. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.