No foul play found in fire that destroyed Montana wood plant - ABC FOX Montana Local News, Weather, Sports KTMF | KWYB

No foul play found in fire that destroyed Montana wood plant

Posted: Updated:

LIBBY, Mont. (AP) - Montana authorities have determined that there was no foul play involved with a fire that destroyed Libby's last wood manufacturing plant.

The Flathead Beacon reports that SK Fingerjoint, Inc. at the Kootenai Business Park burned to the ground on Nov. 5.

Undersheriff Brandon Huff said his office has concluded its investigation into the fire, and at this time the insurance company and law enforcement believe the blaze was probably the result of an electrical issue.

Lincoln County Commissioner Mark Peck said the fire was "devastating" to a community that has already been dealt many economic blows in recent years. Logging and mining jobs once propped up Lincoln County's economy, but over the years those industries have left the area.

Information from: Flathead Beacon,

Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly


  • More Features
  • Powered by WorldNow
    All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Cowles Montana Media. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.