Death of plumber prompts recall of 6,300 electrical ranges - ABC FOX Montana Local News, Weather, Sports KTMF | KWYB

Death of plumber prompts recall of 6,300 electrical ranges

Posted: Updated:



The death of a plumber has prompted the recall of about 6,300 electric ranges due to shock and electrocution hazards.

The recall involves Blomberg and Summit brand freestanding electric ranges.

They can become energized because a screw was not installed to secure the grounding strap during manufacturing.

According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, in August 2016 a 52-year-old professional plumber from Portsmouth, New Hampshire died from electrocution when he came in contact with an energized range and a grounded object.

Consumers should stop using the recalled ranges, avoid contact until the electricity supply is shut off and contact Arcelik A.S. by calling (877) 271-1489 or clicking here for information on a free on-site inspection and repair

  • Top Stories from KHQHomeMore>>

  • SUV driver crashes into De Leon Food and then takes off

    SUV driver crashes into De Leon Food and then takes off

    Monday, November 20 2017 10:54 PM EST2017-11-21 03:54:11 GMT
    Courtesy De Leon FoodsCourtesy De Leon Foods

    SPOKANE, Wash.- Spokane Police are looking for the person who crashed into De Leon Foods on Francis in north Spokane. 

    SPOKANE, Wash.- Spokane Police are looking for the person who crashed into De Leon Foods on Francis in north Spokane. 

  • Two people and a bird escape house fire in North Spokane

    Two people and a bird escape house fire in North Spokane

    Monday, November 20 2017 10:47 PM EST2017-11-21 03:47:08 GMT
    Crews respond to house fire in N. SpokaneCrews respond to house fire in N. Spokane

    SPOKANE, Wash.- Spokane fire crews responded to a house fire Monday night about 7:30pm in North Spokane, at York and Wall.  Crews say it appears the f the fire started outside, at the front of the home, and then moved into the interior. C

    SPOKANE, Wash.- Spokane fire crews responded to a house fire Monday night about 7:30pm in North Spokane, at York and Wall.  Crews say it appears the f the fire started outside, at the front of the home, and then moved into the interior. C

  • Spokane city councilwoman speaks out against sexual harassment

    Spokane city councilwoman speaks out against sexual harassment

    Monday, November 20 2017 9:23 PM EST2017-11-21 02:23:02 GMT

    SPOKANE, Wash. - A Spokane city councilwoman is sharing her story too as more allegations against different men continue to come out. Kate Burke was elected to city council for her first term. She shared her story about sexual harassment too. Since Burke shared her story, she says she’s received messages from other women, reaching out. “I want women to know that I'm an ally I'm here to chat. I'm here to listen,” she says. “There are allies in 

    SPOKANE, Wash. - A Spokane city councilwoman is sharing her story too as more allegations against different men continue to come out. Kate Burke was elected to city council for her first term. She shared her story about sexual harassment too. Since Burke shared her story, she says she’s received messages from other women, reaching out. “I want women to know that I'm an ally I'm here to chat. I'm here to listen,” she says. “There are allies in 

Powered by Frankly

Features

  • More Features
  • Powered by WorldNow
    All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Cowles Montana Media. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.