Teen suspect in 6-year-old's death due in court - ABC FOX Montana Local News, Weather, Sports KTMF | KWYB

Teen suspect in 6-year-old's death due in court

Posted: Updated:
  • Related LinksMore>>

  • Dad of slain girl: I've already forgiven suspect

    Dad of slain girl: I've already forgiven suspect

    Wednesday, August 13 2014 1:59 PM EDT2014-08-13 17:59:55 GMT
    BREMERTON, Wash. (AP) - The father of a slain 6-year-old Washington state girl says he forgives the 17-year-old neighbor suspected of killing and raping his daughter. James Wright tells the Kitsap Sun Gabriel Gaeta "chose wrong" but that "I've already forgiven him." Gaeta is being held in lieu of $1 million bail on investigation of first-degree murder and rape of a child.
    BREMERTON, Wash. (AP) - The father of a slain 6-year-old Washington state girl says he forgives the 17-year-old neighbor suspected of killing and raping his daughter. James Wright tells the Kitsap Sun Gabriel Gaeta "chose wrong" but that "I've already forgiven him." Gaeta is being held in lieu of $1 million bail on investigation of first-degree murder and rape of a child.
  • UPDATE: Several hundred attend vigil for slain girl, 6

    UPDATE: Several hundred attend vigil for slain girl, 6

    Saturday, August 9 2014 5:16 PM EDT2014-08-09 21:16:26 GMT
    UPDATE: SEATTLE (AP) - A four-day search for a missing 6-year-old Washington girl ended tragically Thursday, as authorities say they believe they have found the body of Jenise Wright.Authorities in Kitsap County say it's a criminal investigation, and they're trying to narrow in on a suspect.
    UPDATE: SEATTLE (AP) - A four-day search for a missing 6-year-old Washington girl ended tragically Thursday, as authorities say they believe they have found the body of Jenise Wright.Authorities in Kitsap County say it's a criminal investigation, and they're trying to narrow in on a suspect.
UPDATE: BREMERTON, Wash. (AP) - A 17-year-old boy arrested in the death and sexual assault of a 6-year-old Washington state girl is due in court Monday.

Authorities still haven't released the name of the suspect, who was arrested Saturday in the Bremerton-area mobile home park from which Jenise Wright had disappeared a week earlier.

He was booked for investigation of second-degree murder, manslaughter and rape, and was scheduled to make an initial appearance at 3 p.m. in Kitsap County District Court.

Authorities said forensic evidence analyzed by the Washington state crime lab linked him to the crime. Earlier in the week, the sheriff's office collected DNA cheek swabs from dozens of nearby residents.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

PREVIOUS COVERAGE:

BREMERTON, Wash. (AP) - Authorities say a 17-year-old has been arrested in the death and sexual assault of a 6-year-old girl whose body was found near the mobile home park she vanished from last weekend.

Kitsap County sheriff's Detective Earl Smith said at a news conference Saturday afternoon that deputies and FBI agents arrested the boy at his home without incident.

The teen lived in the same Bremerton-area mobile home park as the girl. Smith says the boy is being interviewed and will be booked on suspicion of second-degree murder, manslaughter and rape.

The state crime lab made positive confirmation of the suspect through forensic evidence.

The sheriff's office said Friday that it was collecting DNA cheek swabs from dozens of residents who volunteered them in the mobile home park.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
  • Top Stories from KHQHomeMore>>

  • Olympic champion Gabby Douglas says team doctor abused her

    Olympic champion Gabby Douglas says team doctor abused her

    Wednesday, November 22 2017 12:11 PM EST2017-11-22 17:11:58 GMT

    KHQ.COM - Olympic champion gymnast Gabby Douglas says she is among the group of athletes sexually abused by a former team doctor.   Douglas, the 2012 Olympic all-around champion and a three-time gold medalist, wrote in an Instagram post Tuesday night that she waited so long to reveal the abuse by Larry Nassar because she was part of a group "conditioned to stay silent."

    KHQ.COM - Olympic champion gymnast Gabby Douglas says she is among the group of athletes sexually abused by a former team doctor.   Douglas, the 2012 Olympic all-around champion and a three-time gold medalist, wrote in an Instagram post Tuesday night that she waited so long to reveal the abuse by Larry Nassar because she was part of a group "conditioned to stay silent."

  • Airline defendants to pay $95 million in 9/11 settlement

    Wednesday, November 22 2017 12:01 PM EST2017-11-22 17:01:26 GMT

    NEW YORK - Insurers for defendants including American Airlines and United Airlines have agreed to pay $95 million to settle claims that security lapses led planes to be hijacked in the Sept. 11 attacks. The settlement was described in papers filed Tuesday in Manhattan federal court. Developers of the new World Trade Center buildings had once demanded $3.5 billion from aviation companies after hijacked planes destroyed three skyscrapers on Sept. 11, 2001.  

    NEW YORK - Insurers for defendants including American Airlines and United Airlines have agreed to pay $95 million to settle claims that security lapses led planes to be hijacked in the Sept. 11 attacks. The settlement was described in papers filed Tuesday in Manhattan federal court. Developers of the new World Trade Center buildings had once demanded $3.5 billion from aviation companies after hijacked planes destroyed three skyscrapers on Sept. 11, 2001.  

  • Backstreet Boys' Nick Carter accused of sexual assault

    Backstreet Boys' Nick Carter accused of sexual assault

    Wednesday, November 22 2017 12:00 PM EST2017-11-22 17:00:06 GMT

    NEW YORK (AP) - Nick Carter says he's "shocked and saddened" by accusations made by a singer who said he raped her about 15 years ago.   Melissa Schuman of the girl group Dream wrote in a blog post that she was "forced to engage in an act against my will." She said the Backstreet Boy took her virginity.

    NEW YORK (AP) - Nick Carter says he's "shocked and saddened" by accusations made by a singer who said he raped her about 15 years ago.   Melissa Schuman of the girl group Dream wrote in a blog post that she was "forced to engage in an act against my will." She said the Backstreet Boy took her virginity.

Powered by Frankly

Features

  • More Features
  • Powered by WorldNow
    All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Cowles Montana Media. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.