House without power catches fire due to candle - ABC FOX Montana Local News, Weather, Sports KTMF | KWYB

House without power catches fire due to candle

Posted: Updated:

KHQ.COM - There was heavy smoke hovering in the air this morning above Greenwood Avenue when firefighters responded to a structure fire at 5033 N. Greenwood around 3:30am.

According to neighbors, a man lived in the basement of the home and a couple lived on the upper level.

A neighbor who talked to the man who lived in the basement said the man thinks the fire started due to a candle that was left lit overnight because this neighborhood lost power yesterday at 4pm and is still without power this morning.

EMT's who responded to the fire said there were no serious injuries.

By 5am, the smoke had diminished significantly and an Avista truck arrived.

  • Top Stories from KHQHomeMore>>

  • Was pirate Black Sam Bellamy found? DNA test could tell

    Was pirate Black Sam Bellamy found? DNA test could tell

    Monday, February 19 2018 10:32 PM EST2018-02-20 03:32:45 GMT

    YARMOUTH, Mass. (AP) - Researchers are working to use DNA to identify whether a human bone recovered from a Cape Cod shipwreck belongs to the infamous pirate Samuel "Black Sam" Bellamy.    The Whydah Pirate Museum in Yarmouth, Massachusetts, publicly displayed the bone Monday. It was found near what's believed to be Bellamy's pistol. 

    YARMOUTH, Mass. (AP) - Researchers are working to use DNA to identify whether a human bone recovered from a Cape Cod shipwreck belongs to the infamous pirate Samuel "Black Sam" Bellamy.    The Whydah Pirate Museum in Yarmouth, Massachusetts, publicly displayed the bone Monday. It was found near what's believed to be Bellamy's pistol. 

  • Idaho teens found in North Dakota highlight online dangers

    Idaho teens found in North Dakota highlight online dangers

    Monday, February 19 2018 9:26 PM EST2018-02-20 02:26:55 GMT

    SPOKANE, Wash. - Two teenage girls went missing from Bonners Ferry, Idaho, over the weekend and were eventually found in Williston, North Dakota, which is 700 miles away. Police say the two girls may have been lured from their home. The investigation continues, but it highlights some of the dangers of kids online.

    SPOKANE, Wash. - Two teenage girls went missing from Bonners Ferry, Idaho, over the weekend and were eventually found in Williston, North Dakota, which is 700 miles away. Police say the two girls may have been lured from their home. The investigation continues, but it highlights some of the dangers of kids online.

  • Firefighter's lung cancer death sparks change in fire service

    Firefighter's lung cancer death sparks change in fire service

    Monday, February 19 2018 8:21 PM EST2018-02-20 01:21:45 GMT

    BONNERS FERRY, Idaho - A California firefighter living in Bonners Ferry, Idaho, passed away over the weekend after battling lung cancer. Now George Gemind is being remembered for his decades of service. But his death is also pushing lawmakers to take cancer in firefighters seriously. Studies show that cancer, not just smoke and flames, is now the leading cause of death for firefighters.

    BONNERS FERRY, Idaho - A California firefighter living in Bonners Ferry, Idaho, passed away over the weekend after battling lung cancer. Now George Gemind is being remembered for his decades of service. But his death is also pushing lawmakers to take cancer in firefighters seriously. Studies show that cancer, not just smoke and flames, is now the leading cause of death for firefighters.

Powered by Frankly

Features

  • More Features
  • Powered by WorldNow
    All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Cowles Montana Media. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.