Man confesses to south hill robbery from jail - ABC FOX MONTANA NEWS, WEATHER, SPORTS - KTMF/KWYB

Man confesses to south hill robbery from jail

Posted: Updated:
David Bentley confessed to KHQ Wednesday to robbing a south hill Subway earlier this month David Bentley confessed to KHQ Wednesday to robbing a south hill Subway earlier this month
SPOKANE, Wash. -
"I didn't do it." It's something judges and police officers hear all the time, but it doesn't appear that will be the case with a man arrested for the robbery of a south hill restaurant as he confessed to KHQ Reporter Patrick Erickson Wednesday night. 

Talking with KHQ inside the Spokane County Jail, Bentley says he was the one that robbed the subway on 29th and Grand on June 8th. He said he was in a tailspin after breaking up with his wife and needed money.  

Being homeless and unemployed Bentley said breaking up with his wife, mixed with drugs he had taken that day made him do it.   

Bentley has been arrested nearly half a dozen times and was just released from prison last year on burglary and theft charges.  

Detectives are also looking into his possible connection to some other recent robberies. which is something he denies.  
Saying what he did was a huge mistake, Bentley also apologized to the person working the night of the robbery and most of all his family.  

Bentley remains in jail on $50,000 bond and is due back in court July 8th. 

  • Man confesses to south hill robbery from jailMore>>

  • Man confesses to south hill robbery from jail

    Man confesses to south hill robbery from jail

    SPOKANE, Wash. - "I didn't do it." It's something judges and police officers hear all the time, but it doesn't appear that will be the case with a man arrested for the robbery of a south hill restaurant as he confessed to KHQ Reporter Patrick Erickson Wednesday night. Talking with KHQ inside the Spokane County Jail, Bentley says he was the one that robbed the subway on 29th and Grand on June 8th.
    SPOKANE, Wash. - "I didn't do it." It's something judges and police officers hear all the time, but it doesn't appear that will be the case with a man arrested for the robbery of a south hill restaurant as he confessed to KHQ Reporter Patrick Erickson Wednesday night. Talking with KHQ inside the Spokane County Jail, Bentley says he was the one that robbed the subway on 29th and Grand on June 8th.
  • Top Stories from KHQTop StoriesMore>>

  • PHOTOS JUST IN: Devastation from Carlton Complex; 300 homes burned

    PHOTOS JUST IN: Devastation from Carlton Complex; 300 homes burned

    Friday, July 25 2014 6:30 PM EDT2014-07-25 22:30:33 GMT
    TWISP, Wash. (AP) - The Okanogan County Sheriff says the Carlton Complex wildfire has many more homes than previously thought. Sheriff Frank Rogers said Friday that the Carlton Complex fire has consumed about 300 homes this month. His office previously placed the number at 150, but he said then he knew it would rise.
    TWISP, Wash. (AP) - The Okanogan County Sheriff says the Carlton Complex wildfire has many more homes than previously thought. Sheriff Frank Rogers said Friday that the Carlton Complex fire has consumed about 300 homes this month. His office previously placed the number at 150, but he said then he knew it would rise.
  • Progress being made on power outages

    Progress being made on power outages

    Friday, July 25 2014 6:30 PM EDT2014-07-25 22:30:01 GMT
    As of 11:00am Friday, there are just less than 15,000 customers without power in the Inland Northwest. There are still more than 6,125 Avista customers without power but Avista says reinforcement crews continue to arrive to help relieve and assist other crews who have been working around the clock. >>>SEE LATEST OUTAGE UPDATES>>>
    As of 11:00am Friday, there are just less than 15,000 customers without power in the Inland Northwest. There are still more than 6,125 Avista customers without power but Avista says reinforcement crews continue to arrive to help relieve and assist other crews who have been working around the clock. >>>SEE LATEST OUTAGE UPDATES>>>
  • 50 children from Mexican border taken to Oregon; 211 in Washington

    50 children from Mexican border taken to Oregon; 211 in Washington

    Friday, July 25 2014 4:34 PM EDT2014-07-25 20:34:20 GMT
    PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Federal officials say 50 immigrant children are being relocated from the Mexican border to Oregon, and Gov. John Kitzhaber says they are welcome. Kitzhaber says the state will continue to welcome children fleeing hardship and violence while waiting for Congress to change immigration policies.
    PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Federal officials say 50 immigrant children are being relocated from the Mexican border to Oregon, and Gov. John Kitzhaber says they are welcome. Kitzhaber says the state will continue to welcome children fleeing hardship and violence while waiting for Congress to change immigration policies.
Powered by WorldNow

Features

  • More Features
  • Powered by WorldNow
    All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Cowles Montana Media. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.