College Drop Out Fakes Bomb Threat At Graduation And The Reason - ABC FOX Montana Local News, Weather, Sports KTMF | KWYB

College Drop Out Fakes Bomb Threat At Graduation And The Reason Why Is Shocking

Posted: Updated:
MERIDEN, Conn. - We've all heard why we shouldn't lie, right? Because..."when you tell one lie, it leads to another." Well,
an "almost" college graduate had to learn this lesson the really hard way.

22-year-old Danielle Shea of Quincy, Massachusetts was arrested on Sunday in her cap and gown for supposedly calling bomb threats in to a commencement ceremony at Quinnipiac University in Connecticut. It was a graduation ceremony her family was attending to see her graduate. There was a little bit of a problem though; Shea wasn't actually graduating and she had not informed her family of this, nor did she plan to.

Instead, Shea was determined to do everything she could to convince her family that she had in fact obtained her college degree. Perhaps for her effort in this matter, she deserves an "A."

Shea had actually dropped out of college the year before. Her mother had been paying for her education and for whatever reason, Shea didn't feel she could confess to the truth. She even went as far as to purchase a cap and gown for the ceremony. When her family showed up and didn't see Shea's name on the graduation roster, Shae panicked and came to the conclusion that the only thing left to do was to fake a few bomb threats.

She place two calls warning of bomb threats on campus, forcing the graduates and the more than 5,000 people attending the commencement to move a mile away to the TD Banks Sports Center. Police were able to trace the calls to Shae's cell phone. Shae called the library on campus for the first bomb threat and then made a second call saying there were several bmb threats on campus and not clearing out the graduation wasn't a good idea. 

Shae's hope was that the ceremony would be canceled and her family would be able to take her word for it that she was indeed a graduate of Quinnipiac University. What really happened? Shae was arrested and she has now been chaged with falsely reporting an incident and threatening in the first degree. She's being held on a $20,000 bond.





  • Top Stories from KHQHomeMore>>

  • South Hill man gives deputy ride to chase down suspect on the run

    South Hill man gives deputy ride to chase down suspect on the run

    Saturday, September 23 2017 2:10 AM EDT2017-09-23 06:10:59 GMT

    SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane County Sheriff's Deputies are calling a 79-year-old man a hero for stepping in to help a deputy when he suddenly needed it.   That deputy tried stopping a driver on the South Hill after noticing the car didn't have license plates.     It started a chase that ended with the help from a very unlikely place. For Paul Eminger, it was a case of being in the right place at the right time. Seeing a Sheriff's Deputy running after 

    SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane County Sheriff's Deputies are calling a 79-year-old man a hero for stepping in to help a deputy when he suddenly needed it.   That deputy tried stopping a driver on the South Hill after noticing the car didn't have license plates.     It started a chase that ended with the help from a very unlikely place. For Paul Eminger, it was a case of being in the right place at the right time. Seeing a Sheriff's Deputy running after 

  • Fire Marshal: Fireplace sparked fatal fire at Idaho cabin

    Fire Marshal: Fireplace sparked fatal fire at Idaho cabin

    Saturday, September 23 2017 2:09 AM EDT2017-09-23 06:09:41 GMT
    Fire Marshal: Fireplace sparked fatal fire at Idaho cabinFire Marshal: Fireplace sparked fatal fire at Idaho cabin

    BOISE, Idaho (AP) - The Idaho state fire marshal says an explosion in a fireplace caused a fire that consumed a house and killed four people. Knute Sandahl said Thursday the explosion, which occurred June 30 at Tamarack Resort, was ruled accidental. Sandahl says the fireplace on the main floor of the home was converted from propane-fueled to wood-burning in 2015. During the conversion to wood, the propane line that fed the fireplace was 

    BOISE, Idaho (AP) - The Idaho state fire marshal says an explosion in a fireplace caused a fire that consumed a house and killed four people. Knute Sandahl said Thursday the explosion, which occurred June 30 at Tamarack Resort, was ruled accidental. Sandahl says the fireplace on the main floor of the home was converted from propane-fueled to wood-burning in 2015. During the conversion to wood, the propane line that fed the fireplace was 

  • Local man creates system to keep guns safe from kids

    Local man creates system to keep guns safe from kids

    Friday, September 22 2017 9:59 PM EDT2017-09-23 01:59:50 GMT

    SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - "My name is Dylan Ervin, I'm a competitive shooter, a business owner, a husband and a father of two," Dylan Ervin said in a promotional video. He's re-inventing the way we lock up our guns. Ervin has been hard at work for the last four years creating the StopBox. "It's for the in-between point for when your firearm isn't in your holster or in your gun safe," Ervin said. The StopBox acts as a barrier, similar to a tumbler 

    SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - "My name is Dylan Ervin, I'm a competitive shooter, a business owner, a husband and a father of two," Dylan Ervin said in a promotional video. He's re-inventing the way we lock up our guns. Ervin has been hard at work for the last four years creating the StopBox. "It's for the in-between point for when your firearm isn't in your holster or in your gun safe," Ervin said. The StopBox acts as a barrier, similar to a tumbler 

Powered by Frankly

Features

  • More Features
  • Powered by WorldNow
    All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Cowles Montana Media. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.