CRAZY VIDEO: Two Men Drive Through Flames Of San Diego Fire - ABC FOX Montana Local News, Weather, Sports KTMF | KWYB

CRAZY VIDEO: Two Men Drive Through Flames Of San Diego Fire

Posted: Updated:
UPDATE (May 16, 2014): CARLSBAD, California - Jeb Durgin or Carlsbad, California uploaded a video shot by his coworker, Byron Bauman that looks like something out of a movie as they literally drive through the flames of the San Diego fire.

"I drove through the flames," Durgin told Yahoo News. "If there were police officers, if there were fire trucks, there's no way in hell they would have let us drive through that, but there was nobody stopping us."

UPDATE (May 15, 2014):
SAN DIEGO (AP) - The San Diego County sheriff says arson will be among the many possibilities investigators will look at in trying to determine what caused nine fires to break out during a two-day heat wave.
   
Sheriff Bill Gore said Thursday that it could take months to find the causes of the blazes concentrated in the northwestern area of the county, from the coast to areas 10 to 15 miles inland.
   
The first fire started Tuesday. The eight other wildfires erupted over the course of hours Wednesday.
   
Gore says investigators are not ruling anything out, but he also wouldn't prejudge the investigations.
   
He noted that sparks from vehicles can easily ignite brush in such hot, dry and windy conditions.
   
The fires have caused more than $22 million in damage so far.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

UPDATE (May 15, 2014):

CARLSBAD, Calif. (AP) - California Gov. Jerry Brown has declared a state of emergency for San Diego County, where at least half a dozen wildfires have forced thousands to flee burning homes.
   
Firefighters have been contending with temperatures approaching 100 degrees and gusty winds as they try to contain flames fueled by brush and trees left brittle by drought.
   
No major injuries have been reported, but two firefighters have suffered minor injuries - one heat-related and one from smoke inhalation.
   
The worst of the fires is in the coastal city of Carlsbad, about 30 miles north of San Diego. The city's schools have been closed, and officials don't expect them to reopen until next week.
   
Carlsbad Mayor Matt Hall says the blaze consumed an eight-unit condominium complex and has damaged eight homes and two businesses.
   
Crews have made progress in stopping the fire's spread. They estimate it was 10 percent contained Wednesday evening.
   
Meanwhile, a blaze that broke out Tuesday and forced the evacuation of 20,000 homes in the Rancho Bernardo area is now 50 percent contained.

UPDATE (May 15, 2014):
SAN MARCOS, Calif. (AP) - Officials say hundreds of new evacuation orders have been issued for the Southern California city of San Marcos where a wildfire continues burning out of control.San Diego County officials said Thursday that the blaze had chewed through 700 acres and hundreds of notices were sent out to residents.

The fire is one of nine fires that broke out in San Diego on Wednesday amid a heat wave and gusty winds.

Officials say one of the most-damaging blazes so far in neighboring Carlsbad was 60 percent contained and evacuation orders were being lifted there.

Carlsbad Mayor Matt Hall says the fire burned 400 acres and destroyed a 18-unit condominium complex and four single-family homes.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

PREVIOUS STORY (May 14, 2014):

SAN DIEGO (AP) - A brush fire has forced evacuation of thousands of people in the Southern California city of Carlsbad and two homes are burning.
    
City officials said mandatory evacuations were in progress Wednesday, and more than 11,000 notices were sent to homes and businesses.
    
Two homes could be seen burning in TV broadcasts from Carlsbad. State fire Capt. Mike Moehler tells KCAL-TV structures are actively burning but he doesn't know how many.
    
The Legoland California amusement park has been shut down due to a power outage.
    
The blaze was one of several that firefighters in San Diego County were battling amid hot, dry, windy conditions.
    
The fire on the outskirts of San Diego had threatened thousands of homes Tuesday and was 25 percent contained.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
  • Top Stories from KHQHomeMore>>

  • Family of Cameron Smith remember loving son, father, and brother

    Family of Cameron Smith remember loving son, father, and brother

    Tuesday, September 19 2017 10:16 PM EDT2017-09-20 02:16:17 GMT

    SPOKANE, Wash. - The family of the man kidnapped and killed by a senseless act says Cameron Smith was a loving son, father, and brother. “He’s that guy that gives hope with no boundaries, he's humble, he had a character and charisma that was unparalleled and unmatched,” said Smith’s brother, Dennis Turner.

    SPOKANE, Wash. - The family of the man kidnapped and killed by a senseless act says Cameron Smith was a loving son, father, and brother. “He’s that guy that gives hope with no boundaries, he's humble, he had a character and charisma that was unparalleled and unmatched,” said Smith’s brother, Dennis Turner.

  • 6 Questions with Freeman superintendent Randy Russell

    6 Questions with Freeman superintendent Randy Russell

    Tuesday, September 19 2017 9:43 PM EDT2017-09-20 01:43:21 GMT

    FREEMAN, Wash. - On Wednesday, September 13, just after 10 in the morning, police say a 15-year-old boy walking into Freeman High School and opened fire. He's accused of killing one student, Sam Strahan, and injuring three others. Aside from Spokane County Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich, the face of the response has been Freeman superintendent Randy Russell.

    FREEMAN, Wash. - On Wednesday, September 13, just after 10 in the morning, police say a 15-year-old boy walking into Freeman High School and opened fire. He's accused of killing one student, Sam Strahan, and injuring three others. Aside from Spokane County Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich, the face of the response has been Freeman superintendent Randy Russell.

  • Spokane Valley deputies search for inmate who walked away from work crew

    Spokane Valley deputies search for inmate who walked away from work crew

    Tuesday, September 19 2017 8:51 PM EDT2017-09-20 00:51:18 GMT

    SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Spokane Valley deputies searched for a Geiger inmate worker who walked away from his work detail around 2 p.m. Tuesday in the 9500 block of E. 8th Ave, but he was not located. Deputies say inmate worker 22-year-old Duncan P. Mead was in custody for violating a no contact order when he ran way from his cleaning detail.

    SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Spokane Valley deputies searched for a Geiger inmate worker who walked away from his work detail around 2 p.m. Tuesday in the 9500 block of E. 8th Ave, but he was not located. Deputies say inmate worker 22-year-old Duncan P. Mead was in custody for violating a no contact order when he ran way from his cleaning detail.

Powered by Frankly

Features

  • More Features
  • Powered by WorldNow
    All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Cowles Montana Media. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.