Ranchers Can Sign Up For Past Disaster Relief - ABC FOX Montana Local News, Weather, Sports KTMF | KWYB

Ranchers Can Sign Up For Past Disaster Relief

Posted: Updated:

Ranchers who suffered livestock losses in 2012 and 2013 can now sign up for disaster relief.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture said the Livestock Indemnity Program and Livestock Forage Disaster Program will provide payments to producers who suffered livestock deaths and grazing losses.

These programs expired in 2011 when the last farm bill originally expired, but were reinstated in the latest farm bill.

Montana Local Farm Service Agency officials said it is important for ranchers to know they can claim losses from past years.

"It isn't just for losses producers experience here, in 2014m and the rest of the farm bill, but going back a few years as well," said Bruce Nelson, who is the FSA Montana Director.

Ranchers have until January 31, 2015 to sign up for past losses.

To find out if you are eligible for any of the losses, head to the FSA website or visit your local FSA office.


  • Most Popular

Powered by Frankly


  • More Features
  • Powered by WorldNow
    All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Cowles Montana Media. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.