Fla. Man Guilty Of Lesser Counts In Loud Music Shooting - ABC FOX MONTANA NEWS, WEATHER, SPORTS - KTMF/KWYB

Fla. Man Guilty Of Lesser Counts In Loud Music Shooting

Posted: Updated:

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A Florida man has been convicted of three counts of attempted second-degree murder after an argument over loud music outside of a convenience store.

A mistrial was declared Saturday on a first-degree murder charge after the jury couldn't agree on it.

The 12 jurors also found 47-year-old Michael Dunn guilty of shooting into an occupied car.

Dunn was charged with fatally shooting 17-year-old Jordan Davis of Marietta, Ga., in 2012 after they got into an argument over the music that was coming from Davis' parked vehicle.

Dunn fired 10 shots, hitting the vehicle nine times. Also in the vehicle were three friends of Davis.

Dunn claimed he acted in self-defense, testifying that he thought he saw a gun pointed at him from Davis' vehicle.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


Previous Story:

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A judge has asked jurors to continue deliberating on the fate of a Florida man charged with fatally shooting a teen after an argument over loud music because the panel expressed difficulty.

On their fourth day of deliberations, the jurors told Judge Russell L. Healey that they haven't been able to reach a unanimous verdict on the first-degree murder charge against Michael Dunn. They said they've reached a verdict on four other counts against him.

Healey asked the jury to keep trying.

Dunn is charged with first-degree murder for fatally shooting 17-year-old Jordan Davis outside a Jacksonville convenience store in 2012. Dunn claims he shot the teen in self-defense. Prosecutors told jurors Dunn shot the teen because he felt disrespected by Davis during an argument over loud music.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)



  • Top Stories from KHQTop StoriesMore>>

  • FIRST ON KHQ: Fire crews battle overnight house fire in northwest Spokane

    FIRST ON KHQ: Fire crews battle overnight house fire in northwest Spokane

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 4:36 AM EDT2014-07-30 08:36:37 GMT
    SPOKANE, Wash.- On Tuesday night at 11:35pm Spokane fire crews were called out to a house fire in northwest Spokane. The fire broke out in a two-story home at West Mission and North Oak. The home is located near Cannon Playground. When crews arrived there were flames showing and heavy smoke and those inside had been evacuated.
    SPOKANE, Wash.- On Tuesday night at 11:35pm Spokane fire crews were called out to a house fire in northwest Spokane. The fire broke out in a two-story home at West Mission and North Oak. The home is located near Cannon Playground. When crews arrived there were flames showing and heavy smoke and those inside had been evacuated.
  • NEW INFORMATION: High Drive brush fire believed to be human caused

    NEW INFORMATION: High Drive brush fire believed to be human caused

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 4:36 AM EDT2014-07-30 08:36:17 GMT
    SPOKANE, Wash.- Tuesday evening the Spokane Fire department announced they had a likely cause for the High Drive brush fire: humans. The fire broke out Monday afternoon about 3pm on the west side of Spokane's South Hill between Squelch Golf Course and High Drive. By 6pm it had grown to 30 acres and moved to within 75 yards of several homes on High Drive.
    SPOKANE, Wash.- Tuesday evening the Spokane Fire department announced they had a likely cause for the High Drive brush fire: humans. The fire broke out Monday afternoon about 3pm on the west side of Spokane's South Hill between Squelch Golf Course and High Drive. By 6pm it had grown to 30 acres and moved to within 75 yards of several homes on High Drive.

  • A good problem to have: Carlton Complex no longer accepting donated goods

    A good problem to have: Carlton Complex no longer accepting donated goods

    Tuesday, July 29 2014 11:38 PM EDT2014-07-30 03:38:00 GMT
    OKANOGAN COUNTY, Wash.- The people in charge at the Carlton Complex wildfires in Okanogan County say they can no longer accept any donated goods. The problem, they say, is that so many people donated so much that they simply ran out of room.
    OKANOGAN COUNTY, Wash.- The people in charge at the Carlton Complex wildfires in Okanogan County say they can no longer accept any donated goods. The problem, they say, is that so many people donated so much that they simply ran out of room.
Powered by WorldNow

Features

  • More Features
  • Powered by WorldNow
    All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Cowles Montana Media. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.