Butte Native's Song Anthem for Red Sox World Series - ABC FOX MONTANA NEWS, WEATHER, SPORTS - KTMF/KWYB

Butte Native's Song Anthem for Red Sox World Series

Posted: Updated:

The Boston Red Sox won their 8th World Series last night, and one of the storylines away from the field for the Sox, their team-wide growth of facial hair, which believe it or not, led to a Montana connection.

Just as the red-sox were growing out their beards en route to the world series, a native Montanan was busy recording a song, largely based on a saying his wife would shake her head at.

"I'll just tell people, hey how are you doing, this beard came here to party!  And I always get a good laugh out of people for that.  So when management said I needed to write the song, and they said why don't you write it with Billy Gibbons, I said 'how's that ever going to happen?'" says Tim Montana, of Tim Montana.

Well it did happen, and along with Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top, Tim and his band the Shrednecks became the official anthem of the Red Sox World Series quest.

While he didn't grow up a baseball fan, Tim was always intrigued by the city of Boston.

"Boston I think is a lot like Butte, it's an Irish town, so I've heard a lot of comparisons there.  I just like the history of the Boston Red Sox, an All-American Team that goes back so far," says Montana.

Following the series, after going to bed, he was woken up by his recording partner Billy Gibbons, the man with the most famous beard in music.

"He called and woke me up at midnight and said 'Brother they just won the world series, with our song on replay at Fenway Park!' and I thought "I just got woken up by ZZ Top to remind me of that' how cool is that?" says Montana.

Getting calls from some of music's A-list, being the musical voice of a world series champion, and getting plenty of attention from New England has been a surreal experience for the Butte native.

"It's amazing, just the emails, the calls I've gotten from Boston.  It kind of went viral online, and I'm still sitting here thinking someone is going to pinch me, and I'll wake up and this will all be a dream that happened," says Montana.

But the story of the beards may not be over just yet, according to team management

"I don't know if any have shaven, I tend to doubt they had time overnight last night to focus on that, and we hope there may be more to the beard story in terms of what the players will do with them, if they'll shave them, is there some way there can be a charitable component if that happens,"  says Red Sox President, Larry Lucchino.

And when all the dust has settled from last nights Red Sox victory, for someone who never enjoyed baseball, it's safe to say Tim is fully invested in the historic franchise.

"The fact they picked up my song, I've been watching the playoffs and the world series closely, and I find myself screaming at the television 'Go! Go! Go!' so now I am a Boston fan for life," says Montana.

While Tim was happy the Red Sox won the World Series, it was a little bittersweet, because if St. Louis would have won game six, he and his band would have sung the national anthem at game seven.  Here you can watch the entire music video for 'This Beard Came to Party'

• Most Popular

• Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

SO GOOD: Montana Tech's Xavier Marsden

Wednesday, April 16 2014 8:26 PM EDT2014-04-17 00:26:24 GMT
    Sophomore cornerback Xavier Marsden is from La Mirada California, right outside Los Angeles. The city boy says he loves being in Butte. "It's been good. Coming from a big city to a small town definitely

Former Griz Football Player Battles Cancer

Tuesday, April 8 2014 7:00 PM EDT2014-04-08 23:00:04 GMT
    A former Griz football player prepares to take on different kind of physical challenge, after learning he has cancer. Former linebacker Cole Lockwood got his diagnosis just last week and is now recovering

Montana Tech Football Building Momentum

Wednesday, April 16 2014 11:37 PM EDT2014-04-17 03:37:21 GMT
    The Oredigger football team only has a handful of practices remaining before the Spring Game. Head Coach Chuck Morrell says the energy is high. "I love the way we're operating tempo wise right now.

Fatal Crash on Frontage Road in Bozeman

Wednesday, April 16 2014 5:27 PM EDT2014-04-16 21:27:10 GMT
    One person is dead, following a crash on Frontage Road in Bozeman on Wednesday afternoon. The crash happened shortly after 2 p.m. at the intersection of Frontage Road and Valley Center Road. ABC Fox Montana

Brewery Gets A Boost

Wednesday, April 2 2014 8:22 PM EDT2014-04-03 00:22:45 GMT
    The beer business is getting a boost over in Whitefish. The Great Northern Brewing Company just got 3 new 100-barrel fermenting tanks set up on Wednesday to the tune of nearly $250,000. Later
    The beer business is getting a boost over in Whitefish.

Ore-Diggers Defensive Line Preview

Friday, April 11 2014 11:48 PM EDT2014-04-12 03:48:16 GMT
    Jeff Eberle takes a closer look at the Montana Tech Defensive line, and how they expect to replace several key members

Bigfoot Tracker Going On Tour With Captured Bigfoot

Saturday, February 8 2014 6:59 PM EST2014-02-08 23:59:39 GMT
    PHOENIX, Arizona- Rick Dyer, a resident of Las Vegas says he killed an adult Bigfoot Near San Antonio back in September of 2012 and now he's taking the mythical creature's corpse on a international tour.Dyer is the self proclaimed "Best Bigfoot Tracker in the World".

Panel Discussion Kicks off Prescription Drug Awareness Week

Tuesday, April 15 2014 8:29 PM EDT2014-04-16 00:29:45 GMT
    Experts said prescription drug misuse is one of the biggest healthcare problems in the U.S. today. Mayor John Engen and county commissioners hosted a panel discussion on Tuesday, kicking off Missoula's
Powered by WorldNow

Features

• More Features
  • Powered by WorldNow
    All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Cowles Montana Media. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.