Prosecutor: SPD Made No Charging Recommendations In Gerlach Case - ABC FOX MONTANA NEWS, WEATHER, SPORTS - KTMF/KWYB

Prosecutor: SPD Made No Charging Recommendations In Gerlach Case

Posted: Updated:
  • Related LinksMore>>

  • Gerlach / Kaluza-Graham Shooting Coverage

    Gerlach / Kaluza-Graham Shooting Coverage

    Follow the latest developments on the March 2013 shooting of Brendon Kaluza-Graham.
    Follow the latest developments on the fatal shooting of Brendon Kaluza-Graham. 25-year-old Brendon Kaluza-Graham was shot by Gail Gerlach in March of 2013 as Kaluza-Graham was driving away in Gerlach's SUV. Gerlach says Kaluza-Graham was stealing the vehicle and he thought he saw the suspected car thief with gun.

SPOKANE, Wash. - KHQ has confirmed that Spokane Police Major Crimes detectives made no charging recommendations for a fatal shooting that happened in March. Their report was submitted to the Spokane County Prosecutors on May 13th.

Spokane County Prosecutor, Steve Tucker, says he's halfway through the report and that, "police usually do make a recommendation, but in this case they did not." "Every once in a while they'll send us a case where they're on the fence as to what charges, or whether they should be filed, then they leave it to us."

Gail Gerlach could still be charged with second degree murder but that's up to the Prosecutor. Prosecutors could also charge Gerlach with a lesser charge or no charge at all.

Gerlach shot 25-year-old Brendon Kaluza-Graham in March of this year as Kaluza-Graham was driving away in Gerlach's SUV. Gerlach says Kaluza-Graham was stealing the vehicle and he thought he saw the suspected car thief with gun.

The Prosecutor's Office is in the process of reviewing the report that Spokane Police gave them and a decision could come at any time.

  • Top Stories from KHQTop StoriesMore>>

  • Progress being made on power outages

    Progress being made on power outages

    Saturday, July 26 2014 10:26 AM EDT2014-07-26 14:26:55 GMT
    As of Saturday morning, there are just less than 6,000 customers without power in the Inland Northwest. There are still more than 2,602 Avista customers without power but Avista says reinforcement crews continue to arrive to help relieve and assist other crews who have been working around the clock. >>>SEE LATEST OUTAGE UPDATES>>>
    As of Saturday morning, there are just less than 6,000 customers without power in the Inland Northwest. There are still more than 2,602 Avista customers without power but Avista says reinforcement crews continue to arrive to help relieve and assist other crews who have been working around the clock. >>>SEE LATEST OUTAGE UPDATES>>>
  • Fatal collision on eastbound I-90

    Fatal collision on eastbound I-90

    Saturday, July 26 2014 10:14 AM EDT2014-07-26 14:14:27 GMT
    SPOKANE, Wash. - Troopers are investigating an auto-ped fatal crash on I-90 eastbound near mile post 280. A 59 year old man was crossing I-90 when he was hit by a pick up truck. He died on the scene. Police say the driver does not appear at fault and don't believe drugs or alcohol played a factor.
    SPOKANE, Wash. - Troopers are investigating an auto-ped fatal crash on I-90 eastbound near mile post 280. A 59 year old man was crossing I-90 when he was hit by a pick up truck. He died on the scene. Police say the driver does not appear at fault and don't believe drugs or alcohol played a factor.The man who died has been identified as Dennis Stensgar.
  • PHOTOS JUST IN: Devastation from Carlton Complex; 300 homes burned

    PHOTOS JUST IN: Devastation from Carlton Complex; 300 homes burned

    Saturday, July 26 2014 12:07 AM EDT2014-07-26 04:07:59 GMT
    TWISP, Wash. (AP) - The Okanogan County Sheriff says the Carlton Complex wildfire has many more homes than previously thought. Sheriff Frank Rogers said Friday that the Carlton Complex fire has consumed about 300 homes this month. His office previously placed the number at 150, but he said then he knew it would rise.
    TWISP, Wash. (AP) - The Okanogan County Sheriff says the Carlton Complex wildfire has many more homes than previously thought. Sheriff Frank Rogers said Friday that the Carlton Complex fire has consumed about 300 homes this month. His office previously placed the number at 150, but he said then he knew it would rise.
Powered by WorldNow

Features

  • More Features
  • Powered by WorldNow
    All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Cowles Montana Media. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.